Facial Recognition in Today’s COVID-19 Retail Environment: The Operational, Ethical and Legal Considerations for Success Webinar
August 19, 2020 1:00 PM EST
Facial recognition is a powerful technology that can be used to help address many complex challenges that exist in today’s modern world. From improving public safety and security in the everyday lives of people, to solving some of the most vexing challenges that businesses face (especially in this COVID-19 environment), facial recognition is a tool that can be used to accomplish complicated tasks at a speed and efficiency that human beings simply cannot match.
For the retail industry, facial recognition has been proven to be effective to help protect its single digit pre-tax profit margins. One of the biggest risks that retailers face is inventory shrinkage (theft) which costs U.S. companies over $45 billion each year. Facial recognition technology has been used successfully to help combat shrink, protecting a store’s inventory from loss and create a safer environment for both employees and customers alike.
In recent news, however, there is growing concern about the dangers that facial recognition may have in its potential to unfairly discriminate against minorities. As society realizes the tradeoffs that occur when tasks that were previously performed by humans are now being replaced with modern technology, asset protection technology is under scrutiny for its use and its potential for misuse.
Additionally, the dialogue around facial recognition now includes its ethical use, and the need for it to comply with legal guidelines to ensure the technology is used properly.
pdActive is proud to host a discussion, “Facial Recognition in Today’s COVID-19 Retail Environment: The Operational, Ethical and Legal Considerations for Success.”
In this webinar, you will:
- Understand the current state of facial recognition technology, its capabilities, limitations and its current use cases in the retail industry environment
- Discuss the key factors that determine facial recognition success in the retail environment and the innovation required to continuously improve accuracy to make facial recognition safe, efficient, effective and reliable as a trusted asset protection tool
- Highlight a few of the key ethical considerations that are currently being discussed by the Security Industry Association
- Examine facial recognition as a powerful tool that can help the effects of COVID-19 pandemic and its impact on the retailer’s business environment to include fever detection, contract tracing and maintaining a safe store for customers and employees
- Understand realistic return on investment, deployment risks and operational costs that interface with a typical store’s operations
- Learn how to evaluate your facial recognition deployment environment to ensure the highest degree of accuracy and maintain the ethical standards necessary for success
Due to the interactive nature of this briefing that includes a live Q&A session, this 90-minute educational webinar is limited to 35 participants. For more information or to register, go to www.pdactive.com/webinar